Succeeding as a Police Chief: Beyond the Basics
Monday, March 27, 2017, 8:00 AM to Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 5:00 PM PDT
Join us in our newest training for new chiefs or those interested in becoming a chief.
This course is a build-on to our Role of the Chief course and designed to assist with "what's next" on the job.
This course topics will include:
- Six Month Plan for New Police Chiefs
- Building Effective Teams
- Strategic Visioning
- Managing the Professional and Personal Challenges of Being a Chief
- Contemporary Issues in 21st Century Policing: Where to from Here?
- Chief Kelly McMillin, Retired, Salinas PD
- Chief Craig Carter, Escondido PD
- Undersheriff Barney Melekian, Santa Barbara Sheriff's Dept.
- Chief Rick Braziel, Retired, Sacramento PD
- Chief Peter Dunbar, Retired, Pleasant Hill PD
This course is pending POST Plan III approval.
Coffee and an afternoon break service will be provided each day. All other meals are on own.
*Member fee applies to agencies that are members of CPCA and apply agency-wide. Non-Member fees apply to all other agencies not included in CPCA Membership.
Cancellations must be in writing and emailed to Shannon Mahoney:firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations received 15 days prior to the beginning of the course date will receive a full refund. Cancellations received up to 10 days prior to the event will be subject to a $50 administrative fee. Cancellations received less that 10 days prior to the event will not received a refund. Registrations are transferable, all changes must be made 10 days prior to the start of the course. NO SHOWS forfeit full registration fee. Course fees are NOT transferable after the last course date.
Hilton Arden West
2200 Harvard St.
Sacramento, CA 95815
Rate includes parking and one complimentary breakfast coupon.
March 11, 2017
Please call (800) 445-8667
Please mention CA Police Chiefs Association or Succeeding as a Police Chief for the group rate.
Make your reservations online
Contact: Shannon Mahoney